Educational access sometimes means that students need equipment or furniture such as tape recorders, listening devices or accessible tables or chairs to benefit from instruction. DSS makes these accommodations available for loan during class time.
How to Borrow Equipment
- Meet with a DSS Counselor to receive authorization for services calling (925) 969-2140.
- Go to the appropriate office (SSC 248) to show authorization and check out equipment or arrange for furniture.
- Read and sign the Equipment/Furniture Loan Contract for borrowing equipment from DVC.
Equipment Loan Policy
- To determine your eligibility for these services, arrange a counseling appointment with a DSS counselor by calling (925) 969-2140.
- Equipment will be loaned by DSS certificated staff only to students officially enrolled in classes. Equipment (e.g., tape recorders, Comtek FM systems) shall not be loaned to a student for any purpose or activity that is not school sponsored.
- If equipment is not returned at the appropriate time and place, or has been damaged, the student will forfeit his/her rights to future equipment loans and a hold will be placed on his/her transcript until the equipment is returned or replaced.
- If equipment is not returned or replaced, the student will be responsible for replacement costs.