Financial aid - work study employment

There are two work study programs available to students:

1. Federal Work-Study

Students participating in the federal work-study program work part-time (not more than 20 hours per week) to help meet their educational costs. Work-study jobs are available at a variety of on-campus and some off-campus locations.

Photo of students

Eligibility: Students must be eligible for a PELL grant and demonstrate the need for additional funds to meet the cost of education. They must also comply with the college's financial aid satisfactory academic progress policy.

How to apply: Fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available  online at Meeting the priority deadline of March 2 means that students will have priority for receiving federal work-study funds; however, applications are accepted as long as funds are available. Please contact the Financial Aid Office - David Reyes for further information at 925-969-2096.

2. CalWORKs Work-Study

CalWORKs Work-Study is employment for CalWORKs recipients. It is financed by the State of California. Please contact the CalWORKs Coordinator, Mark Mithaiwala, for further information at 925-969-2128.



Back to top